• The mattresses are made from natural vegetable oils including sunflower seed oil, soy oil, rap oil and water. • The Grand Soleil foam is formed on foaming machines, the raw oils are heated then dropped on to a conveyor belt, where the ingredients react with the air and form a foam. The speed of the conveyor belt will dictate the quality...0Read more
• No, the mattresses are not latex. • Latex are also a foam mattress, though made from different raw ingredients, Natural Talalay latex mattresses are based on tree sap as the base ingredient to form the foam, synthetic latex mattresses are made with petrochemicals as their base ingredient. Latex in general has a more ‘rubbery’ texture to it, and is a closed...0Read more
• Meet Dorsal: All the products on the Natural Mattress website are produced by an Italian company named Dorsal. Dorsal are a family run Italian company, in operation since 1932. They have pioneered the sleep system, with goals based on research and innovation to always produce products to optimise health and well being, whilst respecting the environment. “A good, refreshing sleep gives...0Read more
• Natural Mattress are an affiliate of Beyond Furniture, established in order to help inform our customers on the details of our Grand Soleil natural mattress range. • Natural Mattress is wholly owned by Beyond Furniture, when you purchase your mattress, you will purchase your mattress with Beyond Furniture. Beyond Furniture have 4 showrooms in Sydney; please contact a store for more...0Read more
• Beyond furniture introduced the Grand Soleil natural mattress range into Australia 3 years ago, in 2008. The first Grand Soleil natural foam mattress was launched in Europe in 1999. • The majority of mattresses sold in Europe now are foam (natural, synthetic, latex or memory), with inner spring or coil based mattresses becoming a minority. Europeans are making the switch due...0Read more
• Natural means the mattress is produced from natural raw ingredients, sourced from ecological suppliers, all ingredients (including the timber for the slats) are grown in pesticide and pollutant free fields, and are renewable resources from controlled cultivations. Dorsal work alongside C.A.R.M.E.N a leading European renewable resources centre to ensure each stage of their production is ecologically sound. They have received...0Read more
• Many of our customers have this concern after learning that sleeping on a latex or memory foam mattress can be uncomfortably hot for some. Grand Soleil mattress is an open-cell foam, this is visible when you view the product, it has a sponge like appearance, allowing air to move through it, as opposed to latex or many regular Visco-elastic memory...0Read more
• The majority of latex mattresses on the market are in fact synthetic, or hybrids (blends of synthetic and natural); meaning they are not natural. They also vary greatly in their quality, just as inner spring do, with inexpensive Latex products at the lower end of the market providing very few benefits, and top of the range Latex products offering good...0Read more
• Memory Foam, in particular Tempur mattresses are known for their pressure relieving properties. They are designed so the foam reacts to your body heat, and softens around you, in order to conform to your curves, relieving pressure build up. We have two memory foam products, the Etoile and the Zefiro, and the benefits you receive from these mattresses over regular...0Read more
• Dorsal’s memory foam mattresses including the Visco Etoile and the Zefiro are heat sensitive visco elastic, they are designed to contour to your curves to provide perfect anatomical support. We have found the open-cell, sponge like structure of the Dorsal memory foam returns to its original form faster, reducing the ‘lag’ effect of some memory foam mattresses. • The Duocell and...0Read more
• Metal Free: Grand Soleil Mattresses are Metal Free, metal forms a magnetic field which is known to disrupt sleep patterns. • Longer Life Span: Over the course of a few years, inner springs models can harbour moulds & mildews that are hard & expensive to remove. Grand Soleil mattresses remain hygienic for a longer period of time. • Minimal Partner Disturbance: Spring...0Read more
• It can depend on what type of inner spring you are used to, soft, firm or pillow top. Initially when you sit on one, it feels softer and ‘bouncier’ then what you may expect, once you lie on it however, it picks up your body weight and distributes it across the entire surface, you will feel very supported and when...0Read more
• The Dorsal system is built around research and innovation in the field of sleep, they are designed to enhance your sleep by providing correct anatomical support, correct anatomical support means that your sleep system supports your body in the same posture as when you are standing, if this is achieved you will have a better sleep and the best results....0Read more
• At this stage we have not submitted them for testing with Australian Chiropractors as they are already endorsed by the Italian Association of Physiotherapists. Dorsal have been working in partnership with physiotherapists since 2006 to create products with advanced anatomical support....0Read more
• Yes, the slats, or the base, are an important part of the whole Dorsal sleep system. The slats provide a flexible support base for the mattress that has been designed in synergy with the mattress to provide correct anatomical support. • Dorsal’s slats are curved, flexing beech wood slats with patented slat inserts for superior strength and flexibility. • Dorsal has a...0Read more
• The 7 core zones are the main zones of the body, the head, the shoulders, the waist and lumbar, the hips, thighs, lower legs and feet. The best sleeping position is one that maintains the spine in the same posture as when you stand, a mattress that provides varied support to these core zones will facilitate this. • Dorsal’s sleep system...0Read more
• The Dorsal sleep system is made up of the mattress, the cover, the slats and the pillow to provide the most supportive and beneficial sleep system. Each component of the system has unique advantages when compared to other products on the market, so using the components individually will have many advantages, using the whole sleep system together means you can...0Read more
• If you suffer from back pains (especially those that appear in the morning and disappear during the day) we recommend buying the mattress + slats, as in order to get the best support the Dorsal mattress and slats work together to relieve pressure on your back. • All our mattresses are designed to relieve pressure on the back. The ‘Etoile’ &...0Read more
19. I tested them in your store, they appear to be quite soft, I thought a firm a mattress was better for your back?
• This is a long held belief for many people. A too firm mattress will push the heavier parts of your body out of alignment, which over time will cause pain as your muscles are forced to adapt and support your spine throughout the night, when they should be relaxed and healing. • Current research has dis-proven the theory of the firmer...0Read more
• We would suggest purchasing a mix and match mattress, half soft for your preference, and the other half firm. You could purchase this in conjunction with our super, or dynamic slats, which allow you and your husband to further personalise the firmness with sliders that you can adjust at home. • If you did not want to go for the Mix...0Read more
21. We are interested in a mix and match queen size bed, but we are concerned you will feel the join?
• Studies have shown that most couples roll away from each other when they are sleeping, and less then 10% of couples will be touching whilst in their deep sleep phase. It is more important to have your mattress provide the correct support for your deep sleep phase, to get the most benefits and improved quality of sleep. If you tend...0Read more
• The warranty is 10 years please refer to the warranty details by following this link. • A mattress is designed to perform for the length of its warranty, with good care however, they can last much longer. We recommend customers to update their mattress after a 10-12 year period for health and hygiene reasons, as over a ten year period it...0Read more
• The mattresses have undergone an independent test by CATAS to test this, the mattresses were subject to a 60 000 rolls from a roller that placed 100kg pressure on the mattress (simulating 10 years of use), the total displacement at the end of the test was less then 2mm. • Please follow this link, to watch the video with this test...0Read more
• Yes, we will have a mattress system to provide you with the correct support. Generally if you are a larger build, you may need a firmer support, to provide the correct resistance, this can be achieved with a firmer mattress core, or if you prefer a soft mattress it can be achieved with a soft-medium core and super or dynamic...0Read more
• A better night’s sleep has many health benefits from things as simple as better immunity, through to the more complicated ideas of reduced incidence of obesity and, best of all, reduced ageing effects. The science behind this is, the functions your body performs during sleep, are at their most effective during the deep sleep phase. During the deep sleep phase...0Read more
• Hayfever & Asthma Sufferers: • Traditionally allergens have thrived in the core of inner spring mattresses, as moisture becomes trapped and a humid environment forms that allergens and dust mites thrive in. • The entire Grand Soleil range is designed to encourage air flow through the core of the mattress, this works in synergy with the covers, they absorb moisture away from...0Read more
27. I am very active and fit and do not currently have any sleep problems, how might this mattress improve my sleep?
• Many people do not report or are not aware of any sleep problems, though the latest innovations in mattresses can offer greater benefits, and offer improved sleep. With sleep being so important, and a good sleep having the ability to make you work better, perform better and be healthier, it is worth investigating the advantages a new mattress might offer...0Read more
28. I have severe allergies; can I access the ingredients in the mattress to check that it would be suitable?
• We are pleased that our Grand Soleil mattresses have been able to assist many of our customers who suffer allergies, from minor through to severe, and offer them a better night’s sleep. If you suffer an allergy please contact us so we can answer any queries relating specifically to your allergy. • We can also provide samples of the mattress core,...0Read more
• No the mattresses do not have an odour. • When you first receive your mattress you may notice an odour, this comes from the closed packaging the mattresses were in during transit. We recommend airing out your mattress for a day or two if possible before using it, if not, this odour should disappear within 3-7, or up to 14 days...0Read more
30. Can I use the mattress on my existing base? Would it feel different on an ensemble base? Or flat timber slats?
• The Dorsal mattresses have been designed with the Dorsal slats, and you would get the most benefits from your mattress when it is partnered with the Dorsal slats. However you can use the mattress with your existing base. • Ensemble Base: Should you use the mattress on an ensemble base, you should receive sufficient support, but you would lose the benefit...0Read more
• We recommend buying the base (or slats) with your mattress, the Dorsal sleep system has been designed as a whole system, you will gain the most advantages from using the slat base as well. The slats can be purchased without legs for use in an existing frame if you do not want to update your bed frame. • The Dorsal bases,...0Read more
• We do not recommend using the mattress on the floor, this will void the warranty. It is also recommended that you stay 20-30cm off the floor to avoid drafts that can cause stiff necks, and to avoid insects & insect bites. • If you choose to use your mattress on the floor, the support will feel different, and you will lose...0Read more
• We do recommend turning the mattress from head to toe, every 3 months, and flipping the Duocell or Triocell models every 6 months. • The lightweight nature of the mattress means it is more manageable when compared to bulkier inner springs or latex; 2 people should always move the mattress together to avoid injury. • The mattress cover has handles to assist...0Read more
• You can wash your cover in the washing machine at home, care instructions vary from cover to cover, please check the label inside your cover, or our care instructions online. • The covers all have 4 zips, so the top and the bottom separate, and can be washed in turn. • We recommend washing the covers in a 6 monthly cycle; you...0Read more
• We recommend using a mattress protector to help protect the mattress, you should look for one made from natural fibres such as wool or cotton, anything synthetic will impair the air circulation. • Yes, you use normal sheets; you should look for sheets made from natural fibres, such as 100% cotton, to ensure the mattress can breathe. We recommend ‘Linen House’s...0Read more
• Yes. Our slats are Australian Standard sizes, they should fit most bed frames, though you should always double check the dimensions as they can vary between retailers. You will also need to check that your bed has a ridge style support around the perimeter that will adequately support the slat frame; some beds designed for flat timber slats may not...0Read more
• Yes, pillows play a key role in supporting your head and cervical column in their correct position and an incorrect pillow could cause shoulder aches, neck aches and headaches. Pillows should also be updated every two years, as they absorb a lot of moisture and can become unhygienic after this time frame. • Our range of pillows has been designed to...0Read more
• The three covers each have a slightly different function; this choice is available so you can select the one that suits you most. The covers have three key roles, a) to reduce pressure points, b) to absorb and disperse moisture to maintain a cool, dry sleep environment and c) to provide an extra layer of comfort for a comfy, undisturbed...0Read more
40. Why does the sleep dry cover have polyester in it? Doesn’t this defeat the purpose of it being natural?
• The SleepDry cover does have polyester in it, meaning there is synthetic fibres. The purpose of the polyester is to work in conjunction with the cotton to disperse moisture. The addition of the polyester means the sleep dry cover is even more practical, cotton on its own is a delicate material unable to withstand washing and drying in a domestic...0Read more
• The covers are designed to draw moisture away from you as you sleep to ensure you have a cool, comfortable & dry sleep. The covers hold the water until it is dispersed, and in doing so, protect the core from moisture, meaning a moist, humid environment is not formed within the mattress core. • The moisture is dispersed throughout the day...0Read more
• Each individual’s requirements are different; there is a range of slats, mattresses, covers and pillows so we can offer a choice to our customers to meet their individual needs. Our range of slats offers different benefits, the Dorsal Varial slats come as standard when you purchase a bed from Beyond Furniture, they are Dorsal’s standard model designed to work with...0Read more
• Our range is available in Australian Standard King, Queen, Double and King Single. • We can place orders with the factory for custom sizes, please call one of our Beyond Furniture stores to inquire about this. Please be aware there are lead times of up to 20 weeks for custom orders from Italy....0Read more
• The Zefiro has enhanced support and air circulation, it is made up of more complex structures and layers than the other models, and it uses the latest technologies, meaning, quite simply it is more expensive to produce. The Zefiro is made up of 3 main components, the base is diamond profiled Triocell firm, the tubes are each made out of...0Read more
• Often when we hear ‘foam’ mattress we associate it with inexpensive foam mattresses that may have been used for children’s guests or in sofa beds or camping mattresses. These types of foam mattresses are made from petrochemicals and have a very basic structure offering minimal support, they are also a closed cell product that does not breathe and they are...0Read more
47. I do not live in Sydney; do you have showrooms outside of Sydney? How can I choose the right mattress?
• Currently we have 4 showrooms with mattress testing areas in Sydney. • If you live outside of Sydney start by giving us a call on 1300 11 22 33 to speak with one of our trained staff, we are open 7 days a week and our staff can provide you with information based on your personal requirements to help you select...0Read more
• Currently online we are selling the Duocell, Triocell, Visco mattresses with the Sleep Dry cover as standard, and the Zefiro mattress with the Naturagento cover as standard, should you want to purchase your mattress with a different cover, please call our Beyond Furniture store on 1300 11 22 33 to place your order over the phone. • Similarly if you want...0Read more
49. I want to buy a good mattress, but after researching online, there seems to be so much conflicting information, how do I know what to look for?
• Researching mattresses can be difficult due to the many products on the market but there are a few key things to look for to ensure you are making the right decisions. • There are mainly 3 different types of mattresses you will find; inner-spring, latex and foam. • Grand Soleil mattresses fall into the ‘foam’ category, but they are made with natural...0Read more
50. I have had the mattress for a few days and am not comfortable, what are my options? Can I return it?
• The mattress can be swapped to another type that we have in stock within 14 days of delivery as long as the cover is kept by the customer, meaning only the inner core is swapped. A delivery and exchange fee of $120 and the price difference between the two mattresses must be paid in advance. This swap is subject to...0Read more